The launch of our “NEIL” Ol’ Blackie IPA has caused many to ruminate while enjoying a pint. Is it the mesmerizing deep black color? The layers of malt and hop complexity that reveal themselves one after another? The gorgeous aroma that lulls?
Well, the next time NEIL provokes you into one of those deep thoughts, why not write it in to us? We’ll award the best ones with a free pint of Ol’ Blackie as well as the glass.
The master of deep thoughts, Mr Jack Handy sure downed quite a bit of our black IPA back in the day, here are some of the gems he was inspired to write:
– “The face of a child can say it all, especially the mouth part of the face.”
– “Don’t ever get your speedometer confused with your clock, like I did once, because the faster you go the later you think you are.”
– “If you get invited to your first orgy, don’t just show up nude. That’s a common mistake. You have to let nudity ‘happen.'”
– “I think people tend to forget that trees are living creatures. They’re sort of like dogs. Huge, quiet, motionless dogs, with bark instead of fur.”
– “I remember how my Great Uncle Jerry would sit on the porch and whittle all day long. Once he whittled me a toy boat out of a larger toy boat I had. It was almost as good as the first one, except now it had bumpy whittle marks all over it. And no paint, because he had whittled off the paint.”
– “I think a good product would be “Baby Duck Hat”. It’s a fake baby duck, which you strap on top of your head. Then you go swimming underwater until you find a mommy duck and her babies, and you join them. Then, all of a sudden, you stand up out of the water and roar like Godzilla. Man, those ducks really take off! Also, Baby Duck Hat is good for parties.”
– “I remember that one fateful day when Coach took me aside. I knew what was coming. “You don’t have to tell me,” I said. “I’m off the team, aren’t I?” “Well,” said Coach, “you never were really ON the team. You made that uniform you’re wearing out of rags and towels, and your helmet is a toy space helmet. You show up at practice and then either steal the ball and make us chase you to get it back, or you try to tackle people at inappropriate times.” It was all true what he was saying. And yet, I thought something is brewing inside the head of this Coach. He sees something in me, some kind of raw talent that he can mold. But that’s when I felt the handcuffs go on.”
– “If you’re robbing a bank and your pants fall down, I think it’s okay to laugh, and let your hostages laugh too, because come on – life is funny.”